Update, 6/17/08: See below for new colors!
These pieces can be personalized with a first or last name, or just a word in English or Spanish such as "peace" (paz) or "love" (amor). They are designed to be placed in an 11X14" mat and framed.
- Materials: Fleece, huipil fabric, worry dolls, fabric glue, embroidery thread
- Method: Letters and squares are hand-cut from huipil fabric. They, along with the worry dolls, are attached to the fleece with fabric glue for strength and then all pieces are hand-sewn.
- Size of fabric: approx. 11"X14".
- Size of letters: Depends on the length of name as well as what letters are used. WWWW, for example, is wider than IIII :). For the example shown above, each letter is a little under 4" tall. The smaller letters, used for longer names, are just over 2" tall.
- Recommended display: Use sturdy tape to attach fabric to a photo mat with 11"X14" opening. Trim as necessary (fleece can be trimmed without fraying). Insert mat into frame.
- For names up to and including four letters, the price is $44. Each additional letter is $4.
- Items are to be paid in advance because they are personalized.
- Three small worry dolls with squares on either side*
- One large doll with squares on either side*
- Simple flat design cut out of huipil fabric (circle, heart, star, etc) with squares on either side. This is the best option if you want to put the fabric in a frame with glass.
- dark purple SOLD OUT
- dark green
- bright lime green
- hot pink
- dark indigo (dark blue-purple, which is more purple than it appears in the photo)
- dark turquoise
To place a special order, please leave the following information in your comment:
Payment and shipping Details:
- Payment will be through paypal.com.
- Please include $2 per order for shipping.
- Orders will be shipped whenever the family member/adoptive parent returns home to the US.
- an email address at which I can contact you to exchange information. Feel free to "disguise" the email address so it doesn't get picked up by spambots.
- the name to be created
- your choices for decoration and fleece color
*Please note that the glass in a frame (unless it's a shadowbox frame) most likely will not fit with the dolls. Therefore, if you want to have glass in front of your piece, please select a flat embellishment, which will be cut from the huipil fabric.