- Blank cards, sold at craft stores. Or you can make your own by cutting thick paper to the size you want.
- Scraps of huipil fabric
- Fabric glue
- Optional: Paints or markers for text or drawings; other embellishments if desired
- Cut out squares and used them to be little houses, presents, and parts of a Christmas tree.
- Glue them onto blank cards.
- Paint or draw the details (roofs, bows, star for the tree, etc).
Just this morning I made a couple notecards. I decorated one with hearts (it's for our 8-year-old sponsor child) using permanent marker and crayons. The directions for these are basically the same as above; just cut out squares and one larger design, and glue them to the cards! Don't worry about making the squares perfect or all the exact same size.
And here is a Mother's Day card I made: