Note: All these pieces are used and may have loose strings, wear to embroidery, fading, etc. Some have small holes or repairs. Please see photos and feel free to ask questions.
Wear: Huipiles are generally worn with the bottom portion (below the decoration) tucked into a skirt called a corte. Some are sewn at the sides and some are not. The pantalones are held up using a woven belt called a faja and are meant to be roughly the length of capris. (See my post about Santiago Atitlan, which features a photo two men wearing them.)
Care: These items can be hand-washed with a small amount of detergent. Air dry.
Payment and shipping Details:
- Payment will be through paypal.com.
- Please include $2 per order for shipping.
- Orders will be shipped in May.
- an email address at which I can contact you to exchange information. Feel free to "disguise" the email address so it doesn't get picked up by spambots.
- the huipil or pantalones you want. First come, first served! :)
1. Huipil from Chajul: $18
Length=15-16". Width at chest=21"
2. Huipil from Patzun: $18 SOLD
Length=15-16". Width at chest=24".
3. Huipil from Cruz Blanca: $15 SOLD
Length=16". Width at chest=18 1/2"
4. Huipil from Santa Maria de Jesus $15 SOLD
Note: This is machine embroidery.
Length=18". Width at chest=20"
5. Huipil, location not known. $14
Length=15". Width at chest=15"
5. Huipil probably from Tactic or Cerro de Oro $14
Length=11". Width at chest=11 1/2". Baby size!
6. Pantalones from Santa Catarina Palopo $22
7. Pantalones from Santa Catarina Palopo $28 SOLD