Friday, September 12, 2008

Watercolor Artist Claudia Tremblay

After having success selling small versions of painter Claudia Tremblay's prints in my Etsy shop, I contacted Claudia to see if I could buy more of them directly from her. She and I met last Friday and had a nice discussion about her work. I find that Claudia's paintings radiate gentleness and tranquility.

Claudia is originally from Quebec, Canada, and moved to Guatemala about 11 years ago to work on an NGO project. She never left! She lives near the spectacular Lake Atitlan and gathers inspiration from the beautiful people and views around her. She has also painted subjects in other areas of Central America.



Claudia's prints make lovely scrapbooking embellishments for albums and life books, and a great focal image for handmade greeting cards. Of course some of my customers have been framing them as well. I offer many of her prints in the section called "Supplies, Embellishments" in my Etsy shop. Keep checking back, as I'll be listing several more of her larger prints in the coming weeks!