Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Bead Show

I went to my first bead show over the weekend, with two of my good friends. I like to find interesting and colorful beads to use with the cute ceramic Guatemalan beads/charms when I make jewelry for my shop. We went on the second day of the show, so there were good bargain bins in several of the booths. Digging through those areas was the most fun part for me! I got good deals on crystals in several colors, as well as some semi-precious stones like garnet and orange agate. My favorite buys were the colorful Czech glass in the "Picasso" finish... Really beautiful. I did see some lampwork cupcake beads that I adored (had seen similar ones on Etsy before, too), but I couldn't justify buying things for myself (as opposed to shop supplies) right now.

I look forward to the next show!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Bead for life sells bags of beads, made in Uganda. Just thought you might want to check it out. www.beadforlife.org.